National Level Science Talent Search Examination
What is it?
The NSTSE is a prestigious scholarship exam at the school level in India. NSTSE stands for National Level Science Talent Search Examination, a skill test conducted by the Unified Council. The Unified Council is a professionally accomplished modern organization, with its objective to identify and nurture the best brains or the young science geniuses of the country. In NSTSE, the emphasis for assessment of academic skills is mainly on Mathematics and Science.
Unlike regular tests which only try to find how much a child knows or has learned, NSTSE measures how well a student has understood concepts and gives thorough intricate feedback on the same, to help them improve. NSTSE helps each student know whether he/she has actually understood a concept well. Often students have abstract gaps which increase as they progress and when they reach higher classes, they develop a fear for the subject.
Near about 4, 50,000 students participate in NSTSE every year. The examination is highly popular and has been appreciated for its efficacy as a tool to muster improvement. The NSTSE is a all-inclusive, independent examination that delivers challenging and high-grade educational experience through a broad array of practical learning.
NSTSE unlike other tests is different in many ways. It –
– provides detailed talent-wise feedback displaying strengths and weaknesses
– has motivating questions that require thinking, not just recalling or memorizing
– provides a benchmark of the student's performance and his/her peers.
Students studying in class
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- 11( PCM and PCB)
- 12(PCM and PCB)
There is no exam for 11, 12 PCMB group. NSTSE follows CBSE syllabus, question papers are also appropriate for students of ICSE/ISC and various State Board/ Matriculation Curriculums.
Advantages of taking the NSTSE Exams:
The NSTSE exam provides information on the strengths and weaknesses of students –
- It is a Skill-based test – Provides feedback on real and relevant learning and tests what is being taught
- It provides detailed feedback and analysis – pinpoints areas of strengths and weaknesses in a student
- Polishes Intelligence – It encourages participants to think, reason, and solve problems critically, and increases their confidence level enabling them to realize their true potential.
- Provides benchmark for students all over India – Allow students to know where he/she actually stands
- Affordable – low cost, available to all students
NSTSE Selection Procedure
The NSTSE exam is conducted at two levels:
- Level 1 is conducted at the schools and at some selected test centres. The top 500 participants from class II to XII across the nation along with top 20 from each class are selected for Level 2.
- Level 2 is conducted at the nearest State Headquarters on the basis of which the final NSTSE results are declared. Level 2 is not held for the students of the 1st standard.
Examination Pattern of NSTSE 2018
NSTSE provides separate question paper for each class. All questions are objective-type with no negative marking for wrong answers. The medium for the exam is English.
No of Questions
4th – 12th Grade
NSTSE 2019 Syllabus
NSTSE follows CBSE syllabus, Question Papers are also suitable for Students of ICSE/ISC and Various State Board/Matriculation Syllabi.
Distribution of Marks
|For Class II||For Class III|
|Mathematics: 25||Mathematics: 40|
|General Science: 25||General Science: 35|
|For Classes IV & V||For Classes VI to X|
|For Classes XI & XII (PCM)||For Classes XI & XII (PCB)|
|General Questions:10||General Questions:10|
How to apply?
Eligible and interested students can apply for NSTSE online by downloading the application form from www.unifiedcouncil.com
Unlike school tests, which include board exams, NSTSE sets focus mainly on the fundamentals, which is very important when a child finishes studies. It tests the academic learning ability of students. The Critical Thinking section includes a multifaceted combination of skills like conscious application in real life, Logical & Inductive Reasoning, Tactics & Strategies in decision making, Subjective & Objective analysis. The exam not only aims to test merits, but measures the depth of understanding of students. NSTSE is a skilled-based test, not rote or fact based, it is developed for Indian curriculum only.
NSTSE 2018 – 2019 – Registration
Apply online at website: http://www.unifiedcouncil.com
For Registration Options:
Option 1: (Class 2-12) - NSTSE Registration: Fee : Rs. 300
Option 2: (For class 2-10) - NSTSE Registration + Online Preparation Packages (at a discounted price) : Fee : Rs. 700
Option 3: (For class 2-10) - NSTSE Registration + Online Preparation Packages (at a discounted price): Fee : Rs. 1000
Already registered Users
Registration through School:
Please send a single consolidated Demand Draft for the exam fee of all the students appearing for the NSTSE from your school.
D.D. should be drawn in favour of UNIFIED COUNCIL payable at HYDERABAD.
Frame the list of students in the FORMAT (preferably typed and send it to our address along with the D.D by Courier Service/Register post / Speed Post.
Rs. 120 (Rupees One Hundred and Twenty Only)
Schedule for NSTSE 2019 – National Level Science Talent Search Examination is given below:
Last Date for Receipt of Application – 30 Sep 2018
NSTSE 2019 Date – 07 Dec 2018 (Friday) Time - 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
Availability of Hall Ticket for download – 06 Dec 2018
Exam Date for School candidates – 07 Dec 2018
Exam Date for Direct / Individual candidates – 16 Dec 2018
Uploading of Answer Key – 2nd week of February 2019
Declaration of Result – 2nd week of March 2019
Use Coupon Code "SHOP20" to get 20% off on all products.