12 Things To Do Before Getting Back to School
Summer break is wrapping up, it’s school time again! Now, when the school bell rings, priorities change, agendas change and above all children go through a whole new phase. Of course, there’s a lot more to going back to school than literally getting out of bed on a pre-decided day and finding a place to sit in a classroom – far away from the teacher as possible. The first day of school is a key milestone in the life of any young kid. Children maybe feeling excited or perhaps a little unhappy that summer is over. They are bound with curiosity, anxiety, insecurity, excitement, hopefulness, or a mixture of feelings. By now you’ve most likely bought new school uniforms, prepared to pack all basic supplies (such as pens, pencils, notebooks, folders and a calculator), caught up on all the back-fence talk and let’s not forget, finished all of those summer assignments they gave you to work on. The usual assignment that we all get, is without a doubt, “What I did over my summer vacation?” sample essay.
Here are a couple of things you can do to ease the transition from summer vacation to going back to school:
- Ensure any summer homework and assignments are completed.
- Read through the syllabus for the year ahead and get a head start on the new term’s subjects.
- Practice worksheets and study materials ahead of your school term.
- Check if all the books are neatly covered in brown paper and labelled.
- Get a general health check-up and also confirm if the vaccinations are up-to-date.
- Confirm if you have the socks, shoes and sports uniform as specified.
- Check if your water bottle and lunch box are ready.
- Buy some nice new stationery - books, pens, pencils etc.
- Pre-pack your bag and keep a set of uniform organized.
- Get a good night's rest before school resumes.
- Eat a healthy breakfast on the first day of school.
- Make a great first impression.
Together with new school supplies and a new uniform, children are bound to need encouragement, love, and reassurance to start a fun and successful school year. Help your child understand the importance of education. Explain to them that they don’t just go to school, they experience it; with every lesson learned. With every day spent in the classroom, your child’s knowledge grows and horizons expand.
Be a Super Student! Have a Super Year!
Use Coupon Code "SHOP20" to get 20% off on all products.